The Nightmare of the X84 bus

The blog which tells you how often the X84 bus messes up my life

Monday, October 04, 2004

I have just returned from a holiday in Edinburgh and while there we traveled on the local Lothian bus service. Their buses are a contrast with my x84 service. All the Lothian buses ran on time and were cheap. Not one of the buses made clanks and noises (a lot of x84 buses squeal or make a funny noise when they slow down making waiting at traffic lights painful). Each bus stop had a sign on where each bus went to and a timetable. It made catching a bus each day almost a pleasure, compared to what I used to, and I'm not any kind of bus geek!

On my return I received a letter from "First" about the complaint I had made about one of their buses failing to turn up. The letter only acknowledged my complaint and says they are investigating. So far it seems to have taken about 20 days to investigate!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great blogs. I get on the X84 at Otley every weekday morning (7:28) and the amount of times it has blobbed have been just not funny. I am at the mercy of this service, (unless I get on the 33A which takes about an hour more) The best (i.e worse) was sometime last week, I forget which day, we all got on the 7:28, it failed to start, we all got off again, waited for the 08:08, it did'nt turn up, got on the the 8:28, because so many people were queing it did'nt set off til about 20 to. (I start work at half 8) I felt sorry for all the people in Bramhope etc. as it was so full it sailed past them all. It's a joke.

     
  • At 10:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have lived in London, and all over Europe on business ventures and moved back to my home town of Guiseley, never have I expereinced the worst public transport connections in my life. X84 Ilkley in three words late, scruffy, unreliable and noisy. I swear I can count.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home